- A mature melanin-forming cell, typically in the skin.More example sentences
- Moles are usually harmless collections of pigmented cells called melanocytes on your skin.
- The most widespread type of melanin is responsible for skin colour; the melanocytes, deep in the epidermis, make it, and transfer it into the keratin cell layer of the skin.
- Freckles are spots of increased pigment, produced by cells called melanocytes, which make melanin (the substance that gives skin its color).
More definitions of melanocyteDefinition of melanocyte in:
- The British & World English dictionary