- Water formed by the melting of snow and ice, especially from a glacier.More example sentences
- Huge glaciers and meltwater carved out the deep trough of the glen some 20,000 years ago.
- Large quantities of glacier meltwater deposited various kinds of material, the most important of which is called outwash (advance or recessional), consisting mostly of sands and gravels.
- Although ice masses in those areas make up only 30 percent of the world's glaciers, they contribute 70 percent of the total glacial meltwater.
More definitions of meltwaterDefinition of meltwater in:
- The British & World English dictionary