- 1An experienced and trusted adviser: he was her friend and mentor until his death in 1915More example sentences
- Get friends and mentors, advisors you trust and bounce your ideas off them.
- He has been both a friend and a mentor to him guiding him thorough the course of his life.
- Under the terms of the Trust, a mentor is to be provided for the successful students to assist and support them during their time at college.
- 1.1An experienced person in a company, college, or school who trains and counsels new employees or students.More example sentences
- Both schools have developed a peer support programme with the county council's behavioural support unit, where senior students are trained as mentors for younger students.
- Trained high school mentors actually facilitate the program, often speaking from their own painful experiences.
- They have both a counsellor service and mentors for students that need them.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Advise or train (someone, especially a younger colleague).More example sentences
- It says a new generation of leaders need to be mentored and trained, while collaborative work between groups could become a condition of funding.
- After the team goes through the initial training, they are continually being trained and mentored by peers and lead staff.
- The older man had mentored the younger so expertly that Powell had become surplus to Charlton's requirements.
- More example sentences
- We, as a young and inexperienced group, need this direction, mentorship, and leadership.
- The centre, he said, will also approach college students in the Montreal area and offer them summer mentorships with recognized scientists, continuing education opportunities, and possible scholarships.
- Both mentorships were successful because the mentor helped the mentee develop to his full potential, and the mentee subsequently served with distinction in a position of great responsibility.
mid 18th century: via French and Latin from Greek Mentōr, the name of the adviser of the young Telemachus in Homer's Odyssey.