- A synthetic compound used as a painkilling drug, especially for women in labor.More example sentences
- Although narcotics such as codeine, morphine and meperidine are effective in suppressing pain, they do nothing to treat its underlying cause, and they have the side effects of dependence and disorientation.
- Opioid analgesics such as meperidine and butorphanol are sometimes required to abort severe migraines.
- The most common types of prescription drugs abused by young adults are pain relievers, which include codeine, methadone, meperidine, percocet, hydrocodone, and oxycodone.
More definitions of meperidineDefinition of meperidine in:
- The British & World English dictionary