Definition of merciless in English:
Showing no mercy or pity: a merciless attack with a blunt instrument figurative the merciless summer heat
More example sentences
- The winters were brutal and the black flies were merciless in the summer.
- The judge described the attack as savage and merciless.
- Football can be a cruel business and the Premiership is one of the most merciless and unforgiving of all leagues.
ruthless, remorseless, pitiless, unforgiving, unsparing, implacable, inexorable, relentless, unremitting, inflexible, inhumane, inhuman, unsympathetic, unfeeling, intolerant, rigid, severe, cold-blooded, hard-hearted, stony-hearted, heartless, harsh, callous, cruel, brutal, barbarous, cutthroat
- Example sentences
- The showdown was fierce as both of them employed the basic rules of the trade: ruthlessness, mercilessness, and pitilessness.
- And there are few things more vicious than the mercilessness fallen man shows a penitent.
- Moravia's mercilessness challenges the current Anglo-American rage for a more empathic, emotional brand of narrative.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.