- A lamp in which light is produced by an electrical discharge through mercury vapor.More example sentences
- The source of far-UV light was a low-pressure mercury vapor lamp with an integral filter that provided more than 95% of the emitted radiation.
- The light source was a pressure mercury vapour lamp, with an exciter and filters.
- Photographs were taken with a light microscope equipped with a mercury vapour lamp and an Automatic Exposure Photomicrography unit.
More definitions of mercury vapor lampDefinition of mercury vapor lamp in:
- The British & World English dictionary