- The killing of a patient suffering from an incurable and painful disease, typically by the administration of large doses of painkilling drugs. See also euthanasia.More example sentences
- A legal test case has defined the limits within which doctors in the Netherlands, especially general practitioners, can agree to a patient's request for mercy killing.
- He felt that doctors addressing genuine requests for mercy killing by their patients should not be turned into criminals.
- In 2001 the Netherlands became the first country to legalise euthanasia, although doctors had been performing the so-called mercy killing of patients unofficially for some time.
More definitions of mercy killingDefinition of mercy killing in:
- The British & World English dictionary