- A fictitious or mythical half-human sea creature with the head and trunk of a woman and the tail of a fish, conventionally depicted as beautiful and with long flowing golden hair.More example sentences
- Over the past decades he has created a menagerie of animals and mythical creatures, including mermaids and two-headed dragons.
- Fabulous sea creatures, giant fish, mermaids and dolphins circulate through the hulls of wrecked ships.
- The sea is the home of selkies, mermaids, these liminal creatures that slip back and forth between states as between elements.
More definitions of mermaidDefinition of mermaid in:
- The British & World English dictionary