Definition of mescal in English:
1 another term for maguey.
- Olson also encouraged operators to treat spirits as food and to expand the ultra-premium shelf with such offerings as single village mescals and single vineyard Cognacs.
- The only problem with that story is they didn't start putting the worm in the mescal until 1950, when they had much more scientific ways of testing if a liquor was up to par.
- But still, the rent must be paid and the mescal must be bought.
1.1An intoxicating liquor distilled from the sap of an agave. Compare with tequila, pulque.
- As an accompaniment, mescal is the Oaxacan liquor of choice.
- This reminded one student of the maguey, and he enthusiastically described to the class the process of making mescal and tequila from that cactus plant.
- In the 1870s several mescal distillers around the town of Tequila in the central Mexican state of Jalisco began making a superior version of the product.
Words that rhyme with mescalIqbal • Parsifal • decal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.