- A fleshy succulent plant of the carpetweed family, often with showy flowers. Several varieties are grown as ornamentals.
More example sentences
- Mesembryanthemum and related genera (especially Carpobrotus), family Aizoaceae
- For ease of maintenance mesembryanthemums can't be beaten because they come in bright colours and require little water and develop into soft billows.
- Out near the lighthouse at Cabo Sardão the cliffs were smothered in mesembryanthemum, sherbet-yellow flowers in tangles of fleshy leaves.
- ‘When he examined it more closely he found it was not a daisy but a drosanthemum, which is a member of the mesembryanthemum family,’ Rabie said.
modern Latin, based on Greek mesēmbria 'noon' + anthemon 'flower'.
More definitions of mesembryanthemumDefinition of mesembryanthemum in:
- The British & World English dictionary