noun (plural mesogastria /-trēə/)Anatomy
The middle region of the abdomen between the epigastrium and the hypogastrium.
More example sentences
- The spleen develops within the dorsal mesogastrium, between the stomach and the body wall.
- Posterior part of mesogastrium adheres to the posterior wall, and the left kidney will then lie directly deep to it.
- The physical examination showed pallid mucosa and a palpable mass in the epigastrium and mesogastrium.
- More example sentences
- Anterior mesogastric process with one tubercle at midpoint, flanked on hepatic regions by two strong mammillated tubercles.
- Lobonotus sandersi has much better developed intestinal and cardiac regions, and it has a better developed anterior process of the mesogastric region than does L. mexicanus.
- Cardiac region circular, slightly narrower than maximum width of mesogastric region.
Definition of mesogastrium in:
- The British & World English dictionary