- A subatomic particle that is intermediate in mass between an electron and a proton and transmits the strong interaction that binds nucleons together in the atomic nucleus.More example sentences
- Quarks are permanently bound together into protons, neutrons and mesons.
- Prior to this era, protons and neutrons and mesons don't exist, there is just a hot soup of quarks and gluons in their place.
- They proposed that particles like the proton, the neutron, and the mesons, which feel the strong nuclear force, are not elementary particles at all, but possess internal constituents.
Pronunciation: /meˈzänik, mā-, mē-/adjective
More definitions of mesonDefinition of meson in:
- The British & World English dictionary