- A dwelling house with outbuildings and land assigned to its use.More example sentences
- ‘All that piece or parcel of ground with the messuage or dwelling house garage building and all other erections thereupon… ‘with an identification of the two postal addresses and a reference to a plan.’
- Section 4, the definition section in the 1875 Act, provided ‘Lands’ and ‘Premises’ include messuages buildings lands easements and hereditaments of any nature’.
- How far it is appropriate to regard this identity as parts of one messuage or parcel of land as extending must depend on the character and the circumstances of the items under consideration.
late Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French, based on Latin manere 'dwell'.
More definitions of messuageDefinition of messuage in:
- The British & World English dictionary