- (In Latin America) a woman of mixed race, especially the offspring of a Spaniard and an American Indian.More example sentences
- The new ‘woman’ is racially and sexually mestiza.
- In a country where most identify themselves as mestiza, Mexico's anti-globalization movement draws much of its energy from indigenous communities.
- While leading her protagonist down the traditional woman-and-motherhood path, Rosa reveals the pressures and punishments of a materialistic society on the formerly rural, poor, mestiza woman.
Spanish, feminine of mestizo (see mestizo).
More definitions of mestizaDefinition of mestiza in:
- The British & World English dictionary