Relating to or deriving from the metabolism of a living organism: a metabolic disorder
More example sentences
- From a metabolic perspective, threonine is one of three indispensable amino acids.
- These enzymes usually act in concert with other enzymes or proteins in DNA metabolic activity.
- It transports nutrients to cells and eliminates metabolic wastes, toxins and excess fluids from the body.
- Example sentences
- Tree roots stay metabolically active and continue growing after shoot growth has ceased, and only become dormant after the onset of low temperatures.
- Protein builds muscle, and the more of that metabolically active tissue you have, the easier it will be to lose fat.
- Lean muscle is more metabolically active than fat.
Words that rhyme with metabolicalcoholic, anabolic, apostolic, bucolic, carbolic, chocoholic, colic, diabolic, embolic, frolic, hydraulic, hyperbolic, melancholic, parabolic, rollick, shambolic, shopaholic, symbolic, vitriolic, workaholic
Definition of metabolic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.