- A substance formed in or necessary for metabolism.More example sentences
- The plasma membrane transport of other metabolites such as amino acids and sugars can also be assayed by the changes in membrane potential.
- Homocysteine is an intermediary metabolite of essential dietary amino acid methionine.
- In other reviews, the role of nitrate and nitrogen metabolites in regulating metabolism and development has been discussed.
More definitions of metaboliteDefinition of metabolite in:
- The British & World English dictionary