Awareness and understanding of one’s own thought processes.
- She has also examined closed-head injury with respect to working memory, metacognition, and reading ability.
- The current research focuses on two other literatures where cross talk could be fruitful: psychological testing and the newer field of metacognition.
- Future directions primarily consisted of offering additional areas (e.g., metacognition, folk psychology) in which one might work out a bridge with the minding concept.
- Example sentences
- From clinical experience we observed that in cognitive therapy there is a process of metacognitive awareness, or decentering, that takes place.
- A second purpose of Experiment 3 was to determine whether the interaction between covariation and beliefs extends to participants' metacognitive judgments of the usefulness of covariation information.
- For instance, students need to be provided wit opportunities and support to develop metacognitive and critical-thinking skills.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of metacognition in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.