- A set of data that describes and gives information about other data.More example sentences
- In the context of biological informatics, metadata is an interoperability issue.
- Cheap metadata is metadata made by someone else, or rather by many someone elses.
- In effect, this is all part of the Semantic Web, which aims to give order to the internet by using metadata to describes a document's contents.
More definitions of metadataDefinition of metadata in:
- The British & World English dictionary