- The alternation of generations between sexual and asexual reproduction.More example sentences
- It is the life cycle consisting of an asexual and a sexual generation (metagenesis) of the cycliophorans that makes the phylum unique.
- However, unlike cnidarians, ctenophores possess rows of cilia and a unique, complex sensory organ and lack cnidae and metagenesis.
- Checkpoints in the life-cycle of Cassiopea spp.: control of metagenesis and metamorphosis in a tropical jellyfish.
late 19th century: modern Latin.
More definitions of metagenesisDefinition of metagenesis in:
- The British & World English dictionary