- 1The art of making things out of metal.More example sentences
- Farming, carpentry, metalwork and leatherwork skills and services will be core activities.
- Allowing parents to participate in woodwork / metalwork / drama classes?
- When I started teaching, it was about woodwork, metalwork, engineering and technical drawing.
- 1.1Metal objects collectively: a wealth of fine metalwork, including a swordMore example sentences
- The same is true for fine cloisonné, lacquerware and decorative metalwork.
- Roman luxury goods such as fine ceramic tableware, metalwork, and the amphorae containing wine, olive oil, and other foodstuffs from the Mediterranean, continued to be brought into Britain.
- On 19 April, Edinburgh auctioneers Lyon and Turnbull present the finest collection of metalwork designed by Dr Christopher Dresser ever to come to auction.
- 1.2The metal part of a construction: engineers spotted cracks in the metalworkMore example sentences
- Both volumes retain their original solid oak boards recessed to support panels of decorative metalwork which have been lost, no doubt at the Reformation.
- Future works will include the rust proofing of the grates and other significant metalwork in the tunnels.
- Initially the main field developed by the company was manufacture of metalwork for objects of civil and industrial construction.
- More example sentences
- Throughout the twentieth century the metalworkers developed a reputation for ‘mindful militancy’: that is creative but disciplined use of industrial action to improve workers living standards.
- The filmmakers bring us to the marketplace of Charikar, the town selected for the hospital, to meet the civilians: war widows reduced to beggary, young children employed as metalworkers.
- From Sheffield, famous for making scissors, scythes, knives, razors, and the like, 769 metalworkers petitioned Parliament in 1789.
- More example sentences
- Most German delegate companies operated in industries such as car spare parts, installation and machine making, metalworking, energy supply and environmental protection.
- The work will focus further on the various aspects of metalworking that once took place around the Iron Age monument, as well as looking at why there are incredibly deep soils in certain areas of the site.
- The firefighters who designed the new system did so by drawing on off-duty skills such as rock climbing and metalworking.
More definitions of metalworkDefinition of metalwork in:
- The British & World English dictionary