- The second stage of cell division, between prophase and anaphase, during which the chromosomes become attached to the spindle fibers.More example sentences
- The events in this stage of the cell cycle leading to cell division are prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase.
- The most direct way to assess chromosomal aneuploidy is to evaluate chromosome numbers in metaphase cells.
- Chromosome loss takes place by lagging of chromosomes at metaphase, for example because spindle fibres may fail to attach to a chromosome.
More definitions of metaphaseDefinition of metaphase in:
- The British & World English dictionary