A glassy deliquescent solid obtained by heating orthophosphoric acid.
- A polymer; chemical formula (HPO3)n
More example sentences
- In this case, to avoid oxidation of ASC contained in samples, AF were collected in centrifuge tubes containing a concentrated solution of metaphosphoric acid.
- Upon collection, a 5-mL aliquot of rumen fluid was acidified with 1 mL of 25% metaphosphoric acid and allowed to stand for 30 min.
- Apoplastic-washed fluid was collected into Eppendorf tubes containing 6% metaphosphoric acid.
- More example sentences
- Highly oriented calcium metaphosphate glass-ceramics were obtained directly from the corresponding melt.
- Two metaphosphates meeting this description are sodium cyclo-triphosphate and sodium cyclo-tetraphosphate.
- The above methods for the preparation of lithium metaphosphate also suffer from the following disadvantages.
Definition of metaphosphoric acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary