Definition of metaphosphoric acid in English:
A glassy deliquescent solid obtained by heating orthophosphoric acid.
- In this case, to avoid oxidation of ASC contained in samples, AF were collected in centrifuge tubes containing a concentrated solution of metaphosphoric acid.
- Upon collection, a 5-mL aliquot of rumen fluid was acidified with 1 mL of 25% metaphosphoric acid and allowed to stand for 30 min.
- Apoplastic-washed fluid was collected into Eppendorf tubes containing 6% metaphosphoric acid.
- Example sentences
- Highly oriented calcium metaphosphate glass-ceramics were obtained directly from the corresponding melt.
- Two metaphosphates meeting this description are sodium cyclo-triphosphate and sodium cyclo-tetraphosphate.
- The above methods for the preparation of lithium metaphosphate also suffer from the following disadvantages.
Definition of metaphosphoric acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan