Definition of meteorology in English:
1The branch of science concerned with the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, especially as a means of forecasting the weather.
- Such research includes studies in climatology, atmospheric science, meteorology, geology and geophysics, ecology, and oceanography, just to name a few.
- There are numerous excursions in scientific realms of chemistry, biology, meteorology, computer science, and most of all mathematics and philosophy.
- It will investigate global atmospheric circulation dynamics, meteorology and chemistry.
- Example sentences
- Climatologists identify patterns and relationships in meteorological observations and records.
- As days grow longer in spring and early meteorological summer, the balance tips to more heat arriving than leaving.
- The potential increases that we discuss apply only to this intrinsic meteorological measure.
- Example sentences
- Forecasting accuracy has increased dramatically since the introduction of computer models, both meteorologically and in forecasting surges and coastal water levels.
- Quantitative comparisons between meteorologically forced open-ocean convection and vertical density currents generated by ash fall are complex, as a result of scaling issues.
- The only time the sun shines is when the meteorologically battered inhabitants go on holiday to Spain.
Words that rhyme with meteorologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, chronology, climatology, cosmology, craniology, criminology, dermatology, ecology, embryology, entomology, epidemiology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), hagiology, horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, methodology, musicology, mythology, necrology, neurology, numerology, oncology, ontology, ophthalmology, ornithology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, phraseology, phrenology, physiology, psychology, radiology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, theology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
Definition of meteorology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan