A colorless, low-melting solid that polymerizes when distilled and is used in the manufacture of synthetic resins.
More example sentences
- Different functionality may be introduced by using comonomers such as methacrylic acid (carboxylic acid groups) or hydroxy ethyl acrylate (hydroxyl groups).
- Cysteine is known to react chemically with methacrylic acid to give S - 2-carboxypropyl cysteine, so providing a route to the alkyl groups in ACSO, PeCSO, and PCSO.
- The release data shows that, as the concentration of methacrylic acid was increased, swelling increased resulting in increased release of the drug.
- More example sentences
- However, the use of glycol methacrylate as embedding medium as well as results from control experiments make it unlikely that significant shrinkage occurred in our material.
- The masses of the reference samples (quartz-fibre balance, above) and the density of methacrylate permit the conversion of sample fluorescence to sample volume.
- Langhals and his colleagues decided to use hydroxyethyl methacrylate - an organic monomer used to make many plastics.
Definition of methacrylic acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary