Definition of methacrylic acid in English:
A colorless, low-melting solid that polymerizes when distilled and is used in the manufacture of synthetic resins.
- Different functionality may be introduced by using comonomers such as methacrylic acid (carboxylic acid groups) or hydroxy ethyl acrylate (hydroxyl groups).
- Cysteine is known to react chemically with methacrylic acid to give S - 2-carboxypropyl cysteine, so providing a route to the alkyl groups in ACSO, PeCSO, and PCSO.
- The release data shows that, as the concentration of methacrylic acid was increased, swelling increased resulting in increased release of the drug.
- Example sentences
- However, the use of glycol methacrylate as embedding medium as well as results from control experiments make it unlikely that significant shrinkage occurred in our material.
- The masses of the reference samples (quartz-fibre balance, above) and the density of methacrylate permit the conversion of sample fluorescence to sample volume.
- Langhals and his colleagues decided to use hydroxyethyl methacrylate - an organic monomer used to make many plastics.
Definition of methacrylic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan