- A synthetic analgesic drug that is similar to morphine in its effects but longer acting, used as a substitute drug in the treatment of morphine and heroin addiction.More example sentences
- I am pumped full of drugs: methadone, morphine, opium, marijuana, the whole lot.
- The alternative treatment for heroin addiction is the drug methadone which is taken in tablet form.
- Only this week I have had ketamine and methadone, both controlled drugs that merit an article themselves.
1940s: from its chemical name, (6-di)meth(yl)a(mino-4,4-)d(iphenyl-3-heptan)one.
More definitions of methadoneDefinition of methadone in:
- The British & World English dictionary