Definition of methylate in English:
verb[with object] (often as adjective methylated)
1.1 Chemistry Introduce a methyl group into (a molecule or compound).
- Some molecules are heavily methylated while others are not, consistent with our previous observations.
- The ability of these compounds to methylate DNA, however, correlated with the biological activity.
- When this hydroxyl group is then methylated to give there is a very significant, 3000-fold, decrease in inhibitor binding.
- Example sentences
- DNA methylation is a common molecular alteration in colorectal cancer cells.
- Thus it not only had nucleosomes and histone acetylation and methylation, but was also sexual with meiosis and a bouquet stage.
- After methylation, DNA was extracted with phenol-chloroform followed by ethanol precipitation.
Definition of methylate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.