(also methylated spirits)
- Alcohol for general use that has been made unfit for drinking by the addition of about 10 percent methanol and typically also some pyridine and a violet dye.More example sentences
- Ethanol, sometimes called methylated spirits, ethyl alcohol, or just alcohol, is a member of a group of organic chemicals called alcohols.
- The test is conducted with water, isopropyl alcohol, and methylated spirits.
- I used Isopropyl alcohol, but methylated spirits would do just as well.
More definitions of methylated spiritDefinition of methylated spirit in:
- The British & World English dictionary