- systematic chemical name for toluene.More example sentences
- For example if hydrogen chloride is dissolved in an organic compound such as methylbenzene no acidic properties are shown, unlike when it is dissolved in water.
- Like any other hydrocarbons, benzene and methylbenzene burn in a plentiful supply of oxygen to give carbon dioxide and water.
- Toluene (methylbenzene) is an aromatic hydrocarbon natural product of diagenic origin and an important commercial chemical.
More definitions of methylbenzeneDefinition of methylbenzene in:
- The British & World English dictionary