- A beta-blocking drug related to propranolol, used to treat hypertension and angina.More example sentences
- Beta blockers such as metoprolol or propranolol, for example, may cause nightmares.
- Beta-blockers (nadolol, atenolol, metoprolol, propranolol, and others) reduce cardiac output (negative inotropic and chronotropic effects) but increase peripheral resistance.
- Beta blockers like propranolol or metoprolol also affect sleep.
1970s: from met- (from methyl) + pro(prano)lol.
More definitions of metoprololDefinition of metoprolol in:
- The British & World English dictionary