- Abnormal bleeding from the uterus.More example sentences
- Potential causes for excessive uterine bleeding during menstruation or metrorrhagia (ie, intermenstrual bleeding) may include hyperplasia or adenocarcinoma.
- They are used for perspiration caused by weakness, chronic cough, chronic diarrhea, spermatorrhea, enuresis, frequent urination, chronic leucorrhea, metrorrhagia, etc.
- The patient's past medical history was significant for metrorrhagia in 1998.
mid 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek mētra 'womb' + -rrhag-, stem of rhēgnunai 'to burst'.
More definitions of metrorrhagiaDefinition of metrorrhagia in:
- The British & World English dictionary