(also mezereum /-əm/)
Definition of mezereon in English:
A Eurasian shrub with fragrant purplish-red flowers and poisonous red berries, found chiefly in calcareous woodlands.
- Daphne mezereum, family Thymelaeaceae
- Due to the warmness, we have flowering liverleafs, mezereons etc. in our forests.
- The accompanying scrub consists of Mediterranean mezereons, bush germanders, kermes oaks, sarsaparillas, lentisks, oleanders, strawberry trees, myrtles and junipers.
- Here mezereons grow, and salmon trout comes to spawn.
Definition of mezereon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan