- A metamorphic rock that contains quartz and mica and resembles slate in being easily split.More example sentences
- Corundum occurs as an accessory mineral in some metamorphic rocks, such as mica schist, gneiss, and crystalline limestone.
- The slate, where thermally metamorphosed, has been turned into siliceous hornfels and mica schist.
- The subsurface investigation indicated that there was a relatively thin layer of fill - between 5 and 12 ft thick and consisting of mica schist and schistose gneiss - overlying very competent rock.
More definitions of mica schistDefinition of mica schist in:
- The British & World English dictionary