- A very low-level instruction set that is stored permanently in a computer or peripheral controller and controls the operation of the device.More example sentences
- The SteelVine embedded microcode supports features like disk-to-disk copy and rebuild, packet cyclic redundancy checks and generation, hot-plug and asynchronous event notification.
- For seamless upgrades, enterprise libraries now allow for new drives to be attached and library microcode to be loaded while the library is running.
- It is also imperative that all drives in your library are running on the same microcode to eliminate any cross-programming issues.
More definitions of microcodeDefinition of microcode in:
- The British & World English dictionary