- (Especially in protozoans) the smaller of a pair of conjugating gametes, usually regarded as male.More example sentences
- The sexual phase of the Plasmodium life cycle is completed with the fertilization of a macrogamete by a flagellar microgamete, and the subsequent generation of sporozoites.
- Each of these processes becomes a male gamete termed a microgamete which is equivalent to a mammalian spermatozoon.
- Fertilisation occurs when the microgamete fuses with the macrogamete to form first a zygote, then a motile ookinete.
More definitions of microgameteDefinition of microgamete in:
- The British & World English dictionary