Definition of micropore in English:
A very narrow pore, especially in a material.
- The higher the modified microporosity, the higher the loss in the crystallisation test; this indicates that it is the proportion of micropores present and not their absolute volume which is the controlling factor.
- The product penetrates the substrate's micropores and chemically bonds to beautify the surface and provide long-term protection from moisture and chloride-ion absorption.
- According to Samuels, this energy painlessly creates an array of micropores - holes with a diameter about that of a human hair - in the outer dead layer of skin cells.
- Example sentences
- There are also very strong positive relations with effective porosity, microporosity, and total porosity.
- The resulting microporosity does not significantly reduce the mechanical integrity of the foamed material.
- The tip has a microporosity of less than or equal to 0.22 microns.
- Example sentences
- An embossed medical nonwoven tape offers the bidirectional tearability generally associated with perforated plastic tapes and the comfort and extended-wear capabilities of microporous tapes.
- He correctly surmised that the solid component of the gel was microporous, and that the pore structure collapsed due to the liquid-vapor surface tension forces of the evaporating liquid.
- The principle of filter elution is that the rate at which DNA strands are carried through a microporous filter by a fluid flow depends upon the length distribution of those strands.
Pronunciation: /ˌmīkrōpəˈräsətē, -pôrˈäsətē/noun
Definition of micropore in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan