Definition of microprogram in English:
A microinstruction program that controls the functions of a central processing unit or peripheral controller of a computer.
- Guidance for reasonable values will be given in the comments of the microprogram that you plan to use.
- The collection of control words that implement an macroinstruction is called a microprogram, and the microprograms are stored in a memory element called the control store.
- The second phase consists of transcribing these specifications into machine code microprograms and proving the ‘equivalence’ between the formal specifications and the machine microcodes.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Example sentences
- In this paper a microprogrammable processor teaching tool and its FPGA implementation are presented.
- The computer contains a 16-bit parallel, general-purpose, microprogrammable processor memory, power supply and input/output electronics housed in a single enclosure.
- A microprogrammable architecture is presented that permits designing hierarchical complicated modular microprograms at two distinct levels: the global control and the data processing level.
- Example sentences
- For some reason, the microprogrammers who designed the 6502 status register left one bit unused.
- Microprogramming is the programming level closest to the hardware, and the microprogrammer must know everything about each of the pieces of hardware which are to be controlled.
- Rather than lose the performance, microprogrammers attempt to set up the branch status at least one full microinstruction before the conditional branch.
Definition of microprogram in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia