- The propagation of plants by growing plantlets in tissue culture and then planting them out.More example sentences
- With this technique, known as micropropagation, forest-product companies can restock plantations with millions of genetically identical tree plantlets.
- A common problem encountered in micropropagation and plant transformation is that within a plant species, different varieties and cultivars vary widely in their capacity to regenerate.
- She starts with plantlets reared in petri dishes in the laboratory, a process called micropropagation, and then genetically tests them to verify that they will produce perfect flowers.
More definitions of micropropagationDefinition of micropropagation in:
- The British & World English dictionary