Definition of microsome in English:
A fragment of endoplasmic reticulum and attached ribosomes obtained by the centrifugation of homogenized cells.
- Exposure of drug-sensitive tumor cells to doxorubicin or epirubicin results in the drugs being localized primarily within the nuclei, with much smaller amounts being localized in plasma membranes, microsomes, and the cytosol.
- Intact lysosomes, mitochondria and microsomes were isolated from RPE cells.
- These authors, by using differential and density-gradient centrifugation techniques, achieved the differentiation of the microbody fraction from lysosomes, microsomes, and mitochondria.
- Example sentences
- These include cytosolic, mitochondrial, vacuolar, and particulate forms, with the particulate forms being further subdivided into those present in microsomal membranes, plasma membranes, and lipid bodies.
- It was present in the cytosolic as well as microsomal fractions, and assays with a series of substrates indicated that the enzymes in the each compartment had a different specificity.
- Nevertheless, slight increases in the sister chromatid exchanges frequencies have been found mainly in the absence of the S9 microsomal fraction in the in vitro assays.
Definition of microsome in:
- British & World English dictionary