- The fine structure (in a metal or other material) that can be made visible and examined with a microscope.More example sentences
- The purpose of neutron reflectometry is to reveal the microstructure of materials in thin film geometries.
- This is color that is caused by microstructures such as diffraction gratings, and thin films rather than pigment.
- As in the case of steels, alloy content and processing conditions affect the toughness of nonferrous metals by affecting their microstructures, which, in turn, determine their toughness.
More definitions of microstructureDefinition of microstructure in:
- The British & World English dictionary