Definition of midlatitudes in English:
Areas lying between 35 and 55 (or more broadly, between 30 and 60) degrees north or south of the equator: mesoscaleconvective systems in the tropics and midlatitudes
More example sentences
- In the past, atmospheric observations at midlatitudes were insufficient for creating the single-column and cloud-resolving models.
- Anthropogenic depletion of the stratospheric ozone layer at the polar zone and also at earth midlatitudes is leading to considerable increment in UV-B radiation on the earth's surface.
- Thus the clear sky value at sea level in the tropics would normally be in the range 10-12 and 10 is an exceptionally high value for northern midlatitudes.
- Example sentences
- Moreover, subartic, midlatitude and tropical atmospheric profiles were included in the database code.
- In contrast to the midlatitude case, tropical glaciers do not have summertime melt seasons characterized by above-freezing air temperature.
- Insurance claims in Perth reached $38 million, an extraordinary toll for a midlatitude storm.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia