Areas lying between 35 and 55 (or more broadly, between 30 and 60) degrees north or south of the equator: mesoscaleconvective systems in the tropics and midlatitudes
More example sentences
- In the past, atmospheric observations at midlatitudes were insufficient for creating the single-column and cloud-resolving models.
- Anthropogenic depletion of the stratospheric ozone layer at the polar zone and also at earth midlatitudes is leading to considerable increment in UV-B radiation on the earth's surface.
- Thus the clear sky value at sea level in the tropics would normally be in the range 10-12 and 10 is an exceptionally high value for northern midlatitudes.
- More example sentences
- Moreover, subartic, midlatitude and tropical atmospheric profiles were included in the database code.
- In contrast to the midlatitude case, tropical glaciers do not have summertime melt seasons characterized by above-freezing air temperature.
- Insurance claims in Perth reached $38 million, an extraordinary toll for a midlatitude storm.