- 1Denoting an animal that migrates: migratory birdsMore example sentences
migrant, migrating, moving, traveling
- It is also home to thousands of migratory birds, caribou, and other creatures.
- We stress the importance of considering forest edge and early-successional habitats in conservation plans for migratory landbirds to provide stopover habitats for species that utilize those habitats.
- Agriculture professionals applaud the bats, which feed on migratory corn earworm moths (also known as cotton bollworms), America's number-one agricultural pest.
- 1.1Relating to animal migration: the migratory route for whale sharksMore example sentences
- It is a good place for surfing and, as well as being a prime patch for dolphin spotting, it is on the migratory route of the humpback whale.
- In the migratory season, waterfowl of different varieties, thousands of sandpipers and shanks and varieties of ducks flock to this feeding ground.
- Seven bat species have been recorded in Nova Scotia, but little information is available on their relative abundance, ecology, and migratory patterns.