- A thin whitish coating consisting of minute fungal hyphae, growing on plants or damp organic material such as paper or leather.More example sentences
- And the rainwater leaking into homes now could cause health problems months from now when mould and mildew grow in the carpets and air-conditioning ducts.
- They collect dust and become an ideal environment for mould and mildew to grow.
- Also keep an eye on walls which adjoin the bathroom - mildew can grow on a closet wall adjacent to the bathroom, for example.
verbBack to top
- Affect or be affected with mildew.More example sentences
- Acid-free and treated with a fungicide to prevent mildewing, the sheets are offered with cold press, hot press and rough surface textures, and are available in 140-and 300-pound weights.
- Use 100% polyester thread to help prevent the thread from mildewing.
- About 3 months into moving here, we noticed that every time there was a heavy rain the ceiling of our master closet would get sort of wet and look vaguely like it was mildewing.
Old English mildēaw 'honeydew', of Germanic origin. The first element is related to Latin mel and Greek meli 'honey'.
More definitions of mildewDefinition of mildew in:
- The British & World English dictionary