Definition of milepost in English:
nounchiefly North American
1A marker set up to indicate how distant a particular place is.
- First, there was something unusual about some of the mileposts along the highway.
- It is one of 89 listed milestones, mileposts and boundary stones in Kirklees.
- The mileposts along I - 96 were flashing past rapidly, as Michigan's generous speed limit and liberal enforcement policies allowed 75 mph on this last leg toward Grand Rapids.
1.1 another term for milestone.
- Tonight is the Mariners' 154th game, a significant milepost in Ichiro's pursuit of Sisler's hits record set in 1920.
- Iverson turned 26 last week, a significant milepost in his life, not only because he had friends who never reached this age, but because his mom always told him that you become a man at 25.
- While he's busy setting records, the passing mileposts of his career mean little right now to the 22-year-old world-beater.
Words that rhyme with milepostsignpost • doorpost
Definition of milepost in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.