- medical term for prickly heat.More example sentences
- Erythema toxicum neonatorum, transient neonatal pustular melanosis, sucking blister, miliaria, and Mongolian spots are among the many benign skin conditions that can occur in newborns.
- Irritated summer skin is usually caused by clogged sweat ducts, a condition called prickly heat or miliaria, or by exposure to poison ivy, oak or sumac.
- Clumps of itchy or prickly tiny red bumps on the skin that appear with hot humid weather in tropical countries is called miliaria or prickly heat in layman's terms.
early 19th century: modern Latin, from Latin miliarius (see miliary).
More definitions of miliariaDefinition of miliaria in:
- The British & World English dictionary