noun (plural milia /ˈmilēə/)Medicine
- A small, hard, pale keratinous nodule formed on the skin, typically by a blocked sebaceous gland.More example sentences
- There is no scar formation noted following the lesions of bullous pemphigoid, but milia may appear at sites of previously involved skin.
- Porphyria cutanea tarda presents as bullae, vesicles, and milia on the dorsal hands and forearms but does not cause muscle weakness.
- While a normal whitehead would rupture and go away, milia have developed a thin cover of skin cells that causes them to harden and turn into cysts.
mid 19th century: from Latin, literally 'millet' (because of a resemblance to a millet seed).
More definitions of miliumDefinition of milium in:
- The British & World English dictionary