- another term for lactose.More example sentences
- Milk comprises water, protein, carbohydrates (a milk sugar called lactose), minerals, fats and a variety of other substances.
- Galactose is a milk sugar and glucose is the sugar that sits on your table; it's also a component of fruits and grains.
- This is because they may not produce enough of the enzyme, lactase, which breaks down lactose, the milk sugar in dairy products.
More definitions of milk sugarDefinition of milk sugar in:
- The British & World English dictionary