Definition of milk thistle in English:
1A European thistle with a solitary purple flower and glossy marbled leaves, naturalized in North America and used in herbal medicine.
- Silybum marianum, family Compositae
- Herbs such as dandelion leaf and root, milk thistle, artichoke, Oregon grape root, chelidonium and curcumin also support liver function.
- They are extracts of milk thistle, European mistletoe and alpha lipoic acid, which all have anti-oxidant properties capable of tackling cancer.
- For example, milk thistle also is called lady's thistle or St Mary's thistle.
1.1 another term for sow thistle.
Definition of milk thistle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.