Definition of milk thistle in English:
1A European thistle with a solitary purple flower and glossy marbled leaves, naturalized in North America and used in herbal medicine.
- Silybum marianum, family Compositae
- Herbs such as dandelion leaf and root, milk thistle, artichoke, Oregon grape root, chelidonium and curcumin also support liver function.
- They are extracts of milk thistle, European mistletoe and alpha lipoic acid, which all have anti-oxidant properties capable of tackling cancer.
- For example, milk thistle also is called lady's thistle or St Mary's thistle.
1.1 another term for sow thistle.
Definition of milk thistle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia