Definition of milker in English:
1A cow or other animal that is kept for milk, especially one of a specified productivity: the cows were no more than fair milkers
More example sentences
- They offered the ‘station’ experience, feeding cattle, shearing sheep, horseback riding, whip cracking, and milking the few milkers they had.
- First calvers, older cows and the better milkers are likely to be thinner than the rest.
- He's now A2 Corporation's point man in Britain, busy persuading farmers to change their herds over to A2 milkers.
2A person or device that milks cows.
- Mr Williams, now a self-employed relief milker and gardener, who lives at Fishguard, expressed his delight at the result.
- The procedure kills bacteria from the cow or the milker or milking machine.
- The last place he worked had a carousel milker that could handle 600 cows in three hours.
Definition of milker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan