- A mineral consisting of nickel sulfide and typically occurring as slender needle-shaped bronze crystals.More example sentences
- The day before the Main Show opened, the phone call came that the crystals were indeed millerite!
- Associated minerals in the high-grade veins are calcite, ‘smaltite,’ nicoline, bismuth, and lesser pyrargyrite, proustite, acanthite, millerite, and chalcopyrite.
- The sphalerite is dense enough on some specimens to be considered a crust, whereas on others there is just the right ratio of sphalerite to millerite to create truly beautiful specimens.
mid 19th century: named after William H. Miller (1801–80), English scientist, + -ite1.
More definitions of milleriteDefinition of millerite in:
- The British & World English dictionary