Definition of millet in English:
A fast-growing cereal plant that is widely grown in warm countries and regions with poor soils. The numerous small seeds are used to make flour or alcoholic drinks.
- Several species in the family Gramineae, in particular common millet (Panicum miliaceum), of temperate regions, the tropical finger millet (Eleusine caracana), which is a staple in parts of Africa and India, and pearl millet
- They grow cereals (sorghum, finger millet, and maize), oil seeds (sesame and niger seed), legumes, and root crops.
- Cereals such as oats, barley, millet, buckwheat, rye, sesame, nuts and seeds are preferable.
- Wheat, barley, rice, rye, oats, millet and corn are the world's top food crops.
Definition of millet in:
- British & World English dictionary