Definition of millet in English:
A fast-growing cereal plant that is widely grown in warm countries and regions with poor soils. The numerous small seeds are used to make flour or alcoholic drinks.
- Several species in the family Gramineae, in particular common millet (Panicum miliaceum), of temperate regions, the tropical finger millet (Eleusine caracana), which is a staple in parts of Africa and India, and pearl millet
- They grow cereals (sorghum, finger millet, and maize), oil seeds (sesame and niger seed), legumes, and root crops.
- Cereals such as oats, barley, millet, buckwheat, rye, sesame, nuts and seeds are preferable.
- Wheat, barley, rice, rye, oats, millet and corn are the world's top food crops.
Definition of millet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan